The group is housed in the custom designed Regius Laboratory for Synthetic Chemistry, which opened in October 2020. The laboratory consists of 22 fume cupboards, each containing integrated and digitally controlled three stage vacuum systems (rough, diaphragm and high vacuum). The group uses the Sciformation Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) system, which also integrates our chemical database and outputs from our analytical instrumentation. Each work station is equipped with a computer terminal that is mirrored to the user’s desk. Dedicated instrumentation includes an MBraun glovebox, Teledyne ISCO CombiFlash purification units, an SFC for chiral analysis, a semipreparative HPLC and a GCMS (all Agilent systems). The group is well served by the Department’s NMR facility, with a cryoprobe-equipped Bruker 500 MHz spectrometer being our primary instrument.
- Our latest paper is now available online in Angewandte Chemie: A systematic study of the effects of complex struct… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- New group members bowerresearchgroup.wordpress.com/2021/10/05/new… 2 weeks ago
- New publication bowerresearchgroup.wordpress.com/2021/09/21/new… 1 month ago
- Congratulations to Jamie, whose paper on the influence of complex structure on Ar-I oxidative addition at Au(I) cen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Congratulations to Ben, Javi, Lewis and Ian, whose paper on aza-Heck triggered C-H functionalisation cascades and t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago